Today I’ve been reflecting on my life so far and where I want to be in the future. I have so many dreams, goals and things I aspire to do. A year ago I would tell myself I’m not smart enough, strong enough, or just enough in general to do most things I want to do with my life. As I’m thinking about it now my mindset has completely changed. I believe I can do what I work hard to do. I am enough. It’s something I don’t feel the need to elaborate on because its just a simple fact.
For so many years I’ve let myself believe that everyone’s better than me. I have spent so much time focusing on others strengths compared to my weaknesses. Instead of being inspired to be better I didn’t try because I already knew I wasn’t enough.
I think in a way this brought on my depression. Having the feeling of not being enough made me lose hope. My desire to try left. I became someone who followed a schedule everyday, as time went on I started taking things out that were too much to do. For a long time I felt trapped.
I’m constantly thinking about what I want to change about myself or what I want to do better and its becoming a lot to deal with. I want to become the best version of myself without changing things that hold me back. I’m starting to realize I need positive changes in my life and there’s no better time than right now.
A few of my big goals are:
1. Go to cosmetology school, which I am planning on starting on July 31st.
2. Have a successful job as a hairstylist where I am happy with my work.
3. When I’m ready, go to a four year university majoring in Psychology
4. Work at a mental hospital. (for anyone who doesn’t know me really well this is my biggest goal in life and the reason I want to have a healthy mind)
5. Be a foster parent and adopt teenagers because I believe everyone deserves to have a family to go home to and to rely on even after they are 18.
6. My final big goal in life is to go to Australia. I am obsessed with Australia and I have been since I was little and watched a show about mermaids.